Wednesday 4 March 2015

Freestyle Fresh Plum & Fig Frangipane


It is plum season in my neck of the woods.  A few days ago, my husband surprised me with a 10kg box of huge juicy plums and we have been eating them everyday. Today when I went out to harvest some more basil from my garden, I was surprised to find our figs from our fig tree were finally starting to ripen.  


Since I am only getting a handful of ripened figs at a time, I decided to combine the plums and figs together for frangipane awesomeness!
This freestyle plum & fresh fig frangipane is adapted from the recipe found at Gourmande in the Kitchen.  

A pretty pie dish would make this dessert a bedazzler but unfortunately all I had was a plain utilitarian glass pie plate; pretty presentation dish or not, this dessert is still a treat!  Divide into small ramekins for a more formal individual experience.




                       Printer Version




  • 4 large plums. halved and sliced
  • 4 fresh figs, sliced
  • 1 cup of almond meal
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon


In a greased 8-9 inch glass pie dish, evenly spread the sliced plums and figs over the bottom.  In a separate bowl, whisk the honey, oil and egg together and then add the almond meal, spices, and salt; stir to combine.  Spoon the almond mixture over the fruit as evenly as possible and bake in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.

Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, cashew cream, or dairy-free ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment